Much like acronyms, catchphrases have gone on to become a huge aspect of every web trotter’s dictionary. If I had to conduct a pseudo research of sorts, I would put my money on catchphrases > acronyms when reading out of an internet junkie’s dictionary.
So I’m gonna stop my unwanted rumbling right here and take you through the popular catchphrases dominating an internet user’s vocabulary and some not so popular but extremely quirky catchphrases…
1. Yass Queen: Often used to express something that has your upvote. For instance, when you come across a fierce woman win her battles, you’re likely to chant, “Yaas Queen.”
2. Sorry Not Sorry: When you’re sorry, but you aren’t really. I most often use it when I crack terrible jokes that make me #SorryNotSorry
3. All The Feels: When you come across a song, book, meme or anything under the sun that expresses or agrees with your state of mind you find all the feels in that.
4. Chillin Like a Villian: When your chill game is at its epitome that you find yourself chillin like a villain because you’re a gangsta B-)
5. Sorry n Shit: Courtesy of the internet, we’re so listicle obsessed that when we’re sorry and everything that should be said with it, we put it as “Look I’m sorry n shit.”
6. Like a boss also a bawse: I’m sure you already know this one. You do something with so much comfort that you do it like a boss also a bawse(A term usedby YouTube sensation, iiSuperwomanii Lily Singh to describe someone who exudes confidence and make shit happen.
7. Imma let you finish: This is used for the exact opposite purpose. When you don’t wanna let someone finish is when you say, Imma let you finish.
8. But it’s a rock: Stating the obvious. For instance: A-Burger is God sent. B- But it’s a rock. (In this case, I’m A and B both :P)
9. Hey, you know chata? This one is not of one the most extensively used catchphrases but in other words, it stands for asking someone to shut the fuck up.
10. Hurts so good: When it hurts bad, but it hurts good; like the post workout sweet pain.
P.S: These were some of the popular and unknown catchphrases caught from an internet junkie’s dictionary. Do you have one? Let me know in the comments section below, until next time,#StayCurious 🙂