It may sound like a textbook statement, but it’s pretty much the reality that we all are surrounded by a plethora of work and a few life hacks could not just come in handy but serve as a boon.
Since it’s the beginning of the week, I thought maybe I should let my personal hacks out and enlist these 5 work life hacks that are a boon. (Hope they can help)
1. Talking to yourself on Whatsapp: Okay, don’t mistake me for a loner or an endorser of Whatsapp, but a year ago I created a group called ‘Me’ which of course only includes me and it has become my one stop destination to save my to-do-list for the day or to share some watch later/read later things. Planners on phones can be fussy sometimes, might as well put a messenger app to good use.
2. Let’s Schedule: We function on an automated lifestyle, why shouldn’t our emails/messages/ social media posts follow the same route? You don’t have to set a reminder to post/ send across messages at specific times, schedule them and you could be on a vacation at that time!
3. Allow A Grammar Nazi: This one is not just limited to writers, but every professional who at the very least sends out emails, add an extension like Grammarly, and you’ll be sorted with a virtual proof-reader doing the job.
4. Time Your Travel: This is almost as good as stating the obvious, but we most often miss out on this one. If you use the public transport service, then an app like an M indicator could be a saving grace especially if you’re running late. Knowing the train/metro schedule for starters could help you decide which mode you really want to take, same is the case if you drive to work, Google Maps does a great job at tracking traffic.
5. Do a review day: Decide on a day of the week, when you’re to review all that needs to be in the upcoming week or to evaluate your performance through the month/day. It’s a little extra effort but absolutely worth it.
P.S: These 5 work life hacks have been a boon to me on more than one occasion, implement them for 3 weeks and you’ll know the weight they hold (I say this at the expense of sounding like a TVC) Until next time, #StayCurious 🙂